Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bringin' in the New Year...with a little writer's block

I've probably pulled up this blog fifteen times in the past week. What should I post?

I could definitely parade pictures of my cute kiddos in their new pjs on Christmas morning, beaming smiles on their faces, and clutching their much anticipated toys from Santa. There's really nothing like Christmas morning...

Or I could post about the fact that my kids and my husband have been sick since the day after Christmas, and I haven't had a full night's sleep since....

Or I could write about good ol' New Year's resolutions, but the way this past week has been, I think I've probably broken them all already.

I do have some hopes for this year though. 2009 has definitely started off with a BANG! Sick kids, hubby's spur-of-the-moment 3 day trip to undergo MORE job interviews, figuring out how I'm going to have this whole house packed up in less than a month, and just an overwhelming feeling of uncertainty...but I am hopeful.

Hopeful that this will be the week/month that he lands a good job.

Hopeful that it may be in a place with a warmer climate. (How I love palm trees!)

Hopeful that we will find good tenants to rent our house.

Hopeful that we'll get into a consistent routine again.

Hopeful that I'll be able to carve out some "me time" to WRITE!

Hopeful that the economy will get better.

Hopeful that the experiences and lessons learned over the past year (or two) will strengthen our family and make us better for it.

And hopeful that I won't regret posting this...but just in case, I'm blaming it fully on the writer's block.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

In reading your blog today, I'm sorry for the upheaval but reminded at the same time that all things can be for our benefit. Something good will come of this.....the silver lining in the cloud!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oy. Rough start to the year. But hopefully all of your hopes will pan out...

Down in the Sun said...

Love the post and love the honesty! I'm with ya on all of the "hopeful" things for this year! I know it will get better but it is just surviving it all until it does! We had a lesson today on faith and I felt like it was just for me. By the way loved your comment on my blog. I am actually going to edit it and put a link to that talk. That was one of the main points I wanted to put in there and then I forgot. Funny how we think so much alike! Love you too!

Terri said...

i do hope things work out for you guys. I am sad that you are going to be leaving. Unfortunately Makayla is too she over heard my big mouth and has been a little sad since. If you move where there are palm trees that will give us a good excuse to come visit! I love palm trees as well.

Stephanie said...

Good luck with everything!! Living in uncertainty is not fun so I hope that you hear something soon!!!

Shannon said...

So, maybe I havent been to your blog a lot but moving? Whats goin on- Hmm- you know it is warm here in the A-T-L ( most of the time ) I am convinced that mothers never get sick- at least not me. Hopefully not you too! Happy New Years!

Shannon said...

So, maybe I havent been to your blog a lot but moving? Whats goin on- Hmm- you know it is warm here in the A-T-L ( most of the time ) I am convinced that mothers never get sick- at least not me. Hopefully not you too! Happy New Years!

Mom2Miles said...

It's going around, Kelli. I have writer's block, too. I have to catch up on your blog. Does this mean your hubby lost his job? You have to move? I have been a self-pitying mess because my hubby had to take a job w/ a 2-hr commute. Guess I should look on the bright side, huh? I am sick to death of all the bad news about the economy!!

Jenny Ramsey said...

this is going to be a great year kelli!! you are a wonderful wife, mother and friend.

Kalisha/ Reneca said...

Hi! I hope things work out for you too! That is the most important thing to always have--hope and faith. :-)

I wanted to wish you and your family a very Happy New Year and belated Merry X-mas! Reneca and I are kind of on a mommy sebatical since our X-mas break has run over into the New Year. I am moving and we are both working on revamping our blog and getting things organized for '09.

Good luck and keep the hope!
Kalisha