Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A day to remember...

My computer has been on the fritz, hence I haven't posted anything in two weeks! Honestly, the past few weeks have been a bit of a blur as we've been trying to get things in order for our BIG MOVE...but that's a story for another day.

Today, I had the TV on pretty much all day long, catching bits and pieces of the inauguration coverage. I really wanted to watch President Obama's first address with the kids. Even at their young ages, I felt like it was important for us to witness this significant moment in history together. And surprisingly enough, they sat in the family room with me and let me me watch the new president's inspiring speech, almost uninterrupted. (Gotta love coloring books and crayons.) Probably one of my most favorite moments was when Aretha Franklin sang America The Beautiful. Abby sat snuggled up to me and watched. Feelings of gratitude overcame me as I held her close and thought about how grateful I am to live in this country and for all the opportunities it has to offer, not only for me, but for my children.

Sure, times are tough right now, but I'm picking myself up, dusting myself off, and
focusing on the positive. Things are going to get better, but I know I have to do my part to be a little better, reach a little higher, and remember that we are all in this together.

1 comment:

amanda said...

perfectly said friend. so glad you got to enjoy the moment with the kids :)