Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute - Thank you, Writer Mama!

Tuesday's Tribute


I came across Tuesday's Tribute over at 7 Clown Circus last week and thought it was a great idea 'cause like Angie writes - We each spend a lot of time talking about ourselves and our lives, but we are also fairly GIVING people too...Tuesday's Tribute is a chance to talk about OTHER people, OTHER blogs, OTHER lives.

So without further ado, allow me to introduce you (if you haven't discovered her already) to Christina Katz, mother and author of the book that has motivated me to reach for my dream of becoming a published writer - Writer Mama : How to Raise a Writing Career Alongside Your Kids.

When I first read the title this book (just over a year ago), I knew it was exactly what I had been looking for. Within a few weeks of soaking in all of her great advice, I started a blog, connected with other writers through the Writer Mama website, and submitted a personal essay to a bestselling anthology series. A big jump for me as I had never submitted anything for publication before...and my essay was selected! This book inspired me to go after my childhood dream of being a writer in the midst of raising my children. I still have a ways to go, but it's nice to know there is a support system of Writer Mamas out there cheering each other on.

Christina is actually hosting a back to school giveaway on the Writer Mama blog starting Sept. 1st with all kinds of great writing reference and how-to books as prizes! She also teaches online writing classes and is giving away a scholarship for one of those soon too. (Wouldn't that be awesome?)

Just thought I'd spread the word to other writer hopefuls out there, and send out a big thank you to Christina, the ultimate Writer Mama!

1 comment:

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm always thrilled to hear about moms that have taken the plunge and gotten published!