Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WfulW - Love notes of the Kindergarten kind

Imagine my surprise when I found these in Abby's backpack - "Love poems" as she calls them...




I'm not so worried about Jack. He's the only boy in the class who, like her, has "stayed on green" all year (very important to Abby) and doesn't seem to be into all this LOVE stuff. Abby said he just smiled when she showed the poem to him.

Raye has been Abby's best buddy from the first day of school. Her teacher has told me that they are pretty much inseparable. I didn't think too much of it since my very best friend throughout elementary school was a boy. We were "like peas and carrots", but he never brought me (and only me) a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day.

Then there's Xander. His recent seat change seems to have sparked an interest since he is now sitting at the next table over. He draws her pictures full of hearts and smiley faces and treasure maps on a daily basis. At the Valentine's party, his mom confided in me that Xander constantly talks about Abby and plans to marry her someday.

Information I won't be sharing with Abby anytime soon.

Abby also told me that when her class went to get their picture taken last week that some of the boys were fighting over who was going to get to stand by her. She said the photographer was laughing and told her that it looked like she had a fan club.

Information I won't be sharing with her daddy anytime soon.

He's still freaked out about the box of chocolates.

*For more WordFUL Wednesdays, head over to Seven Clown Circus!

11 comments:

Texasholly said...

That is sooo cute. My boys are all still anti-girls but I suspect my middle child will break rank with his brothers because he kinda a flirt without knowing it.

HaB said...

That really is cute. But, I admit, it is not something I look forward to when my daughter is older.

Happy WW to you!

Cecily R said...

Holy crumbs! You are IN for it Girl!!

This is the kind of post that you both will LOVE to look back on when she gets engaged...so SO fun (and so well written!)!

amanda said...

a fan club!! honey that is so sweet!!

mikethibo said...

hahaha funny stuff

Unknown said...

Adorable!

And reading this made me realize my girls will be going to school and having crushes and first loves...yikes.

xoxo

Jessie Oliveros said...

Oh no! Hopefully she'll hit a major nerd streak and it will stay all through high school. That's what I keeping hoping with my beautiful daughter.

Down in the Sun said...

Totally cute and scary all at the same time! I love, love, love the post. Already a heart breaker! :)

Jenny Ramsey said...

caeden is going to be crushed. he has loved her for about what? three years now??

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Awww...Caeden has nothing to worry about. :) She will always love your boys. Luckily, she hasn't started talking about any of the "I want to marry him" stuff or boyfriend/girlfriend stuff. I think she's just flattered by the attention. It's too funny.

Heidi said...

Ah, kindergarten love. Isn't it one of the hardest things to watch as a mother!?
I laughed so hard during this post because it sounds just like my oldest daughter. She is constantly saying that this boy and that boy want to date her. I have to constantly remind her that we don't date until we're 16.
Oh and just wait until she comes home and admits that she's been kissing a boy behind the tree at recess.