Thursday, March 10, 2011

Have you ever....?

Have you ever just sat on an idea?

Not just for a couple of days, but for weeks, months...

even years?

Have you ever felt like you were meant to do something - contribute in a greater way,

but you couldn't quite put your finger on it?

You know the general vicinity. You know what your strengths are...where your passion is, but you haven't yet come up with the specifics?

Have you ever had lightbulb moments - moments where you really thought you were on to something and wanted to start working on it RIGHT THAT MINUTE but then you get sidetracked by laundry, errands, emails, housework, phone calls, or (I hate to admit) updating your facebook status?

Then there's this little thing called self doubt

DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!

Sometimes I feel like I can't stay focused on anything for more than ten minutes - I am calling it multi-tasking induced ADD. Seriously. I didn't used to be like this. But somewhere inside that brain of mine, something has short-circuited.

Like yesterday - what was I thinking trying to squeeze all that in  - in ONE DAY? Field trip in the morning, playdate to see "Tangled" at the dollar theater, grocery store on the way home, making dinner, then going to a church youth activity - which I do every Wednesday so I don't usually schedule much on Wednesdays. Especially because I am normally still recovering from my crazy Mondays and Tuesdays - teaching five dance classes to almost 70 kids.

Clearly, a lack of judgment on my part.

But, that's what it boils down to.....ME.

I have to choose.

Choose what's most important.

Prioritize.

Simplify.

Act.

BECOME.

So this weekend, I'll be taking a much-needed TIME OUT to clear my head, listen, laugh, reflect, and, hopefully, figure some things out.

No multi-tasking allowed.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Have fun girl! I know you'll leave there feeling recharged and spiritually fed - ready to tackle the world!

They are coming to Richmond in the Fall.

Claremont First Ward said...

I can't wait to hear how it goes. Really loved this post!

Amanda said...

I loved your post and can totally relate! I always am rushing around, trying to do a million things feeling like I have ADD all while thinking about something much bigger I should be doing! Oh and I am a dance teacher too, maybe that has something to do with it!

Valerie said...

I definitely have felt like that before. I was a stay-at-hom mom for a long time and self-doubt kept me from a few things I felt I should do. Now that I'm divorced, I have no choice but to do one of them--go back to school. It's not how I wanted to do it, but I've found I can do it.

Heidi said...

I think that is the perfect definition of my life, multi-tasking induced ADD. I can't seem to finish anything anymore. I can't believe how busy you are. And I have to admit that I didn't know you taught dance. I'm not sure how I missed that.
Hope you have a wonderfully restful weekend. :)

Laural Out Loud said...

YES! I want to make a mark on life (even if it's just raising a future President, lol). Enjoy your weekend, and can't wait to hear what you have to say when you come back!

Penelope said...

Yes, RIGHT NOW…trying to get it to transpire….

amanda said...

hope the weekend was just what you needed!

Justin said...

Recuperation of the advances is not an issue and is brought out through designation. Such installments are programmed and the shot of default is insignificant. check cashing