Thursday, October 6, 2011

Right in Our Own Backyard - Photo Story Friday

What are the odds of two of these making an appearance in our backyard in less than three months of living here?


If you look really closely, you can see a faint second rainbow off to the left - or a "double rainbow" as the kids and I have started calling them. 

I think I've only seen two other "double rainbows" in my lifetime so how cool is this? Really.

We've also seen three or four of these floating in the sky since moving here -


I captured this one from the grocery store parking lot. Then, this afternoon, Abby spotted one from our front porch. Pretty awesome, I must say. (Not that I'd ever go up in one...yikes!)

Gotta love colorful surprises in the sky, especially when we've had more than our fair share of rain clouds over the last couple of months.

For even more color, check out the pics from our latest adventure to see the world's largest crayon! Fun stuff. 


Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli





5 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

oh I never see rainbows any more!

Anonymous said...

Great shots. Love that rainbow photo.

Unknown said...

I think there is something magical about hot air balloons.

Awesome photos!

amanda said...

i love double rainbow kind of days :)

raising4boys said...

I love double rainbows too! Great pictures, and way to be positive :)