Sunday, May 17, 2009

When life gives you lemons...you may get an award!

An overdue thank you goes to Heather (of Heather's Hodgepodge) who nominated me for this "Attitude of Gratitude" award a few weeks ago...

Cute, huh? I love blog awards!

Here's how to share the love:
* Put the logo on your blog or post
* Nominate at least 10 blogs that show an an attitude of gratitude
* Link to your nominees within your post
* Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award
(I'm tweaking this a little...)
* Share the love & link to this post & the person who nominated you for the award (Thanks again, Heather!)
* Tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude

Now for the nominees -
If I may bend the rules just a bit, I was hoping that maybe my blog savvy friends out there could help me extend my nominations. I feel like I'm always passing awards to the same people - all of whom I love! But I would also love to hear about some "attitude of gratitude" blogs that aren't on my sidebar yet. So if you would be so kind as to leave a comment nominating a blog (along with the address), I will be sure to hop on over there and leave a comment letting them know you've nominated them so they can pick up their award. Thanks for your help! I'm excited to venture over to some of your favorite blogs.


How I've come to have a "gratitude attitude" -
It's a work in progress! I have to admit, when I first saw Heather's note about this award, I had to laugh. It had been a crazy day, and my attitude wasn't reflecting much gratitude. Still, the picture reminded me that even though Pat and I been handed our fair share of lemons over the last several months, we are moving in the right direction and trying to focus on the positive. As Thomas S. Monson said in the last General Conference,
"Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith."

I was first given that counsel to "be of good cheer" when I was a teenager, and I have often relied on those words when dealing with difficult situations over the years. "Be of good cheer and do not fear for I the Lord am with you" is just one of several verses in the scriptures that reminds us to be happy and grateful. Not that it's always easy. I have my days. We all do. We're only human. But when I put things into perspective, I am reminded of the many blessings in my life. My children, my husband, good health, safety, supportive family members and friends... And I have to say, I can always count on my kiddos to put things into perspective for me. They make me laugh and smile on a daily basis (between the fighting and whining and throwing tantrums in the grocery store). They remind me of what is really important and how much potential we have. How much we can learn and grow and experience in this life. And for that I am truly grateful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, sweetie! You truly deserve this award.

I have a huge list of blogs...the hard part is wondering which ones you already read :)

Shannon said...

YOur last week sounded just as crazy as ours. I am glad it is finally the last week of school. Makenzie did AMAZING as the witch and I totally want to upload it but apparantly I have to go buy and I-link cable (sony) so for now all I can create is a disc for the computer. I am not tech savy- I even tried to upload it to youtube. Didnt work- so when Adam gets home- I will ask for his help. All I can say is WOW! You would definitely be impressed. Happy 5th the Abby- she is a cutie. I heard you moved? Pam was just here- left about an hour ago- Emily just had her 4th a few hours ago- 8lbs 4oz- Jack? I think that is what she settled on..... Hmm- I didnt ask.... at any rate, fill us all in on your big move.