Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Fairy Tale Ball

Abby and I went to the Fairy Tale Ball at Theatre IV tonight with "Papa" & "Gramma Peggy" to see Ali and Michael. They are in the upcoming production of Peter Pan, which we are very excited to see. We did get a little sneak peek of "I Won't Grow Up." One of my favorites! The Lost Boys are cute (Michael included...he plays John too.)but I just cannot get past the fact that the director cast a close to 50 year old man to play Peter Pan. WHAT???? Believe me, I know. No one gets it. Yes, he is a little man. Yes, he has high tenor voice. Yes, he played the part before....like 15 years ago...even then that would have been a stretch. Traditionally, on Broadway & off, this part is played by a young woman who's made to look boyish. I seriously doubt a 50 year old man has ever been cast before....so weird. I mean, really, do they think the audience won't notice???? Come on now! the rest of the cast seems great though...especially John and Tiger Lily. :)

Sorry to vent....Back to the ball! It was really fun. Abby got a little freaked when we first got there, but once she started making an Indian bead necklace, she was good to go! We had fun getting ready today too. Abby and I painted our finger & toe nails. (I can't remember the last time I painted my toe nails. I even curled my hair...I really can't remember the last time I did that.) I let Abby wear a little make-up too so she was thrilled. We even wore little matching tiaras...
Princess Mommy & Princess Abby

Check out this facebook link to see a few more pics!

2 comments:

Terri said...

That is funny about Peter Pan. What were they thinking? LOL I love that dress girl!

amanda said...

So fun. You two look so cute. Jane would love something like that. What a fun mom:)