Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just had to share - Pumpkin Squares recipe!

I promised my sister-in-law that I would send her this YUMMY pumpkin squares recipe I found in my Oct.2009 Family Fun magazine so I thought I'd share the link here too for any of you who LOVE FALL and pumpkin treats as much as she does. They were so easy that I actually let Abby do a lot of it by herself (with supervision, of course).

Abby has been into putting on her apron and baker's hat lately and doing "a cooking show". She narrates it and everything. I may have a little Julia Child on my hands - definitely doesn't get it from me. She tried to convince me that she could put the pan in the oven too, but I wasn't quite ready to let her take it that far. I should have taken an "after" picture too of the finished product, but they were so good, we ate 'em up before I had the chance. We'll have to make them again closer to Thanksgiving along with these chocolate marshmallow pilgrim hats we made a couple of years ago - good stuff!
Since the kids are older now, maybe the process won't be quite so messy this time around...MAYBE.

4 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I HAVE to make the pumpkin squares, just gotta!

Laural Out Loud said...

I guess it's time to start letting my daughter help me in the kitchen. It's just going to be soo messy. From the smile on your daughter's face, though, it'll be worth it.

Ashley said...

Abby is a beautiful cook!

Jessie Oliveros said...

We are making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies tomorrow. I love pumpkin anything. My son would love those pilgrim hats. We pretend we are Giada at Home when we cook in the kitchen only Giada is prettier and rolls her r's much better.