Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oh Martha, you'd be so proud....(maybe)

So I was planning on making those little turkey cupcakes again this year, but I couldn't get these little pilgrim hats out of my head. I saw them on the Family Fun website. (such cute ideas!) There's just something about dipping marshmallows into melted chocolate. (Did someone say fondue?) So I enlisted the kids, of course. But I have to tell ya...this is definitely a two parent operation if your kids are under the age of five, unless you don't mind chocolate getting ALL OVER everything...you should have seen my kitchen table, the chairs, the kids...especially Noah. :)



Doesn't quite yet have the Martha flair, does it?

How's about this?

It's all about the presentation, right?

Or if you're like me...it's really all about the chocolate.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are SOO cute!! I am so proud of you!! They are so cute! Happy Thanksgiving!

We have those plates at my moms house!! I just used one to heat something in the microwave(it was a bowl actually) but i didnt know they got hot and that one burnt my hand it was so hot!!! Do yours do that?

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

ADORABLE! I may have to steal that one for next year.

Down in the Sun said...

Just wanted to get in one last Happy Birthday before the end of the day! Hope you had a good day and a fun time watching your chick flick! Talk to you soon. Love ya!

Carol said...

I love the family fun website, great for birthday cakes. Now of course I wish we celebrated Thanksgiving so that I could dip marshmallows in chocolate, maybe I just will anyway.

Mom2Miles said...

You are so creative! And so brave! I usually decide that those kid-friendly projects are too messy and skip them. I do occasionally let my 2-yr-old play with pipe cleaners, though. Poor kid...

Kalisha/ Reneca said...

Wow! Those look great! I think Martha would be very proud! :-) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Oh my--those are SO cute! I'm so jealous of people who are good with stuff like this!

Jen said...

You know Martha would be proud...I sure am! :)

I'm actually impressed that you tackled this with your kiddos.

By the way...it is all about the chocolate!

Prairie Girl said...

look more talented baking! I am so impressed! And suddenly craving chocolate - hmmm strange :)