Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tackle These Turkeys!


A couple Thanksgivings ago, I found this cute idea in a Family Fun magazine (11/06). Abby LOVED making them. We made the cupcakes the night before and then on Thanksgiving morning, we decorated them while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Since Noah is now about the same age as Abby was in this picture, I thought these would be fun for them to make this year.

(For those of you who are thinking about making these turkeys,I promise, they were easy to do...otherwise I definitely would not be posting this idea. I do not claim to be a domestic diva in any way, shape, or form. Just click the link above for directions. Have fun!)

To see what other moms are tackling, click here!

9 comments:

Wendi said...

Those are some mighty cute turkeys!
Thanks for sharing...I just might tackle them!

Anonymous said...

I love this! I think I'll do this next weekend with my little sister!! Thanks!

amanda said...

oh friend those look yummy and fun!!

thanks for sharing :)

Robins Fam said...

I made those cupcakes a couple years ago...but I didn't let the kids help. You are much better mother! I think the kids would have a blast, though. I think I'll try again the good mom way and let them do the decorating!

Cecily R said...

THose are ADORABLE...Gracie would love love it if we made some of our own. And I need some mommy points lately, so I think I need to get some candy corns and do it!!

TuTu's Bliss said...

love it!! Thanks for sharing. I adore pictures

amanda said...

Cute idea. I'll have to make a Christmas turkey this year.

Laural Out Loud said...

I told my daughter we'd make cupcakes for Thanksgiving (what was I thinking, lol), and this would be perfect! Thanks for posting just in time. I think I'll make it a surprise for her, too.

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

Okay Kelli this is my first comment ever to leave on a blog, so you should feel special. This is a cute idea. Thanks for sharing. Now because I am choosing to be the best mom ever I will let my crazy 5 kids have at it.
Love ya! Mel