Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"You have to follow your dreams..."

The AWESOME Agape Children's Choir sang on Ellen today in honor of the Presidential election. (Click here for the Change My World music video!)

"We might be small, but our dreams are not."

Listening to the lyrics reminded me of a conversation we had with Abby recently. As we were driving home the other night, Abby noticed the first star in the sky. Pat reminded her to make a wish to which she replied, very matter of fact...

"You have to follow your dreams if you want to get your wish."

Taken back a bit, I said, "Wow, Abby! You are so right! Don't ever, ever forget that."

Children teach us so much, don't they?

How blessed we are to live in a country where we have the freedom to vote, the freedom to choose, and the freedom to follow our dreams.

10 comments:

A Crafty Mom said...

What a smart little girl, bestowing her wisdom on the grown-ups! I love Ellen but sadly never get to see the show anymore.

Anonymous said...

Isnt it so amazing how little kids can say the simplest things with such a surety and they are so profound :) I am so grateful to be living in a place where a little girl can know that and believe in it!

Anonymous said...

I love these little nuggets of wisdom from kids. You are teaching her well!

Cecily R said...

Kids are amazing...that Abby of yours is amazing. I LOVE that little life lesson of hers!

amanda said...

wow honey. that is truly awesome!

i have huge goosebumps!!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

:) I love their minds...

Anonymous said...

She's smart! What a great thing for a little one to pick up on!

Laural Out Loud said...

Sounds like something my daugher would say, but to be contrary, lol.

Down in the Sun said...

I love what Abby said. I think that is why we have kids - to remind us of how simple life should be. When we moms are running around with our heads cut off it's nice to have those little ones to ground us! Love ya!

Mom2Miles said...

Before I had a kid, I used to think people were making up these profound things their kids were saying. Now I know. They are little Zen masters, aren't they?