Sunday, June 1, 2008

"The Kid In You" Photo Contest!


5 Minutes for Mom is having a photo contest for pictures reflecting the spirit of childhood within us. I immediately thought of this picture! Abby and I were all dressed up in our best princess attire at the Fairytale Ball fundraiser this past March. (I actually had to buy a new "princess-like" dress. Unfortunately, there were no talking mice or sewing birds available on such short notice to make one for me.) It was so fun "getting ready for the ball". It was like playing dress-up all afternoon. I painted Abby's nails (and mine...shocking, I know). We curled our hair, and I put a little make-up on Abby. She loved it. We even wore matching tiaras! We had a royal blast!

*If you haven't already, you've got to check out this contest. It's been really fun seeing all the pictures. If you are new to my blog, please feel free to post a comment. It's great to connect with other mom bloggers! The more the merrier! Also - it's not too late to submit a picture. The deadline is tomorrow. If this photo gets picked as a finalist, I'd really appreciate your vote! The kid in me would LOVE to win a Wii!!!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

How very cute! Reminds me of my daughter's Disney Princess dinner, where she dressed up like Snow White and mingled among all the princesses as we ate! Good times!

Anonymous said...

Found you @ 5 Minutes for Mom!

What a great photo, and how fun! Maybe my daughter and I will be able to do this type of thing some day...Right now, we're working on teaching her that it's not appropriate to lift her skirt above her head in the grocery store!!

Posh Mama said...

How fun! I also can't wait for my baby girl to be old enough for that kind of girly good time! Lovely photo!

Down in the Sun said...

I love that picture of you too. I also love the one of Abby from dance. What fun times! Let me know how the contest goes. I am also glad that Noah is doing better with the bedtime thing. They are both so dang cute! Love ya!

amanda said...

Good luck to you. I hope you win. That is a very cute picture of you and Abby. I bet she loved her princess day.

Heidi said...

Adorable. Such cute princesses how will the prince ever choose. Good Luck in the contest.