Saturday, May 31, 2008

Progress report...


Just a quick update on my boy and his escape artist ways... We took the side of the crib off and then put a twin size mattress on the floor right next to it, complete with Blue's Clues sheets, of course! Noah was very excited about his "Boo's Coos" bed. We also put a tall gate on his door to prevent his night wandering. I wasn't sure how he'd react to the gate so we keep calling his room a "clubhouse". He gets a kick out of that. He still woke up quite a bit the first few nights crying for me, but the past 3 nights, he has slept all the way through until @ 6am. yea!

Bedtime is getting easier too. It's only taking about 30-45 minutes for him to settle in now compared to the hour to hour and a half earlier this week and he's not crying when I leave the room. Now the next step is to take the crib out completely. It's kind of sad to think about putting the crib away. We've had it up for four years. Geez...they really do grow up so fast. I've been trying to think of some fun ideas to redecorate his room too. He's getting a little old for Classic Pooh bear dust ruffles and wall borders. He's all boy - any kind of ball, dinosaurs, cars, fire engines, trains...so many choices! Stay tuned to see what I come up with...I'm sure I'll have to enlist my brother and my dad to help with a cool mural of some sort. There are definite advantages to having artists in the family.

No comments: