Monday, July 14, 2008

High Five for Barney!

I never thought I would utter those words, but this morning "Barney" seriously mesmorized my kids for 30 minutes straight. No fighting, no yelling, no jumping off of things, no climbing all over me while I'm typing...just quiet little children sitting in front of the TV. Barney is a bit of a novelty to them. I don't think they have ever seen a full episode. My dad told me before my kids were born if he was going to help babysit from time to time that he had one rule: "I don't do Barney." haha!

However, this morning, I wasn't paying much attention to what the kids were watching. Sprout, Noggin, Playhouse Disney...I knew it was one of those. I've been pretty swamped this weekend working on assignments for an online class I'm taking (for teacher recertification points)so I've been trying to squueeze in some time to work on the edits for my Cup of Comfort story too. (still keeping my fingers crossed!) Moments of peace and tranquility are rare in this house. In fact, as I am typing this, my children have just finished their popsicles and have started running around the house yelling and playfully tackling each other. Uh-oh! Now I hear the water running in the bathroom...Does Barney come on in the afternoon too?

1 comment:

Kalisha/ Reneca said...

So funny you wrote about that! I have had the same experience--my kids were entranced when I put that show on for them. I remember Barney from my younger days and I have no complaints if my kids are quietly watching a show so I can get stuff done. Usually they watch Dora while I cook dinner and it all works out perfect.