Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sentimental Sunday - He'll Carry You

I just found out my dear friend's sweet mom passed away this morning. I wish I could be there to comfort her, to watch her kids, to make dinner or do a load of laundry...anything to help. I wish we didn't live so far away. These past few months have been so heartbreaking for their family. I can't even imagine what they have been going through. Still, through the ups and downs, my friend, her mom, and their family have shown amazing faith and have taught me so much. Each day we have with our loved ones is a gift.

So many times, my friend has written about the comfort she has felt through all of this and how much her testimony of the Savior and the gift of eternal families has grown. And even though the many miles prevent me from being there right at this moment, I know the Savior is there.

He knows your heart
He knows your pain
He knows the strength it took
just to simply breathe today

He sees the tears that you cry
He knows your soul is aching to know why
He hears your prayers, each humble word
When you said you couldn’t face another day,
He understood.
He knows the path that you will find
Though you felt alone, He’s never left your side

He knew there’d be moments when no earthly words
could take away your sorrow
And no human eyes could see
what you’re going through.
When you’ve taken your last step
and done all that you can do,
He will lift your heavy load and carry you


- Hilary Weeks (Day of Praise)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What a sweet poem - even though you can't be with your friend, I'm sure she knows you are "with" her in your thoughts and prayers and that means so much!

amanda said...

Thank you! I know you are there and I take comfort in our friendship. You keep praying for me and I'll be okay:)