Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday - Getting Real...

Okay, so I was a little over-zealous last week thinking that I'd be able to spend 15-20 minutes each day organizing something. There are days when I barely have a chance to brush my teeth so what was I thinking? Still, I am making a little bit of progress. I cleaned out the "junk drawer" and the bread box. There is actual bread in there right now instead of random papers, junk mail, dress-up jewelry and Memory game cards, etc... How long will this last? I do not know. It's just so easy to tuck stuff away really quick and pretend it's not there.

I am proud to say that I did follow through with my "Tackle" teaser from last week...

That was before...

And this is after..

OH YEAH! Unfortunately, that took a lot longer than 15-20 minutes. (I'll spare you the details except to say, it's better to attempt bigger projects like that when your kids are asleep.)

As for next week, the thing that I would LOVE to tackle most is this....

I really liked the movie, and I heard the book was 1000 times better. I daydream about lying in a lounge chair in the sun or sitting at Panera with one of those yummy caramel brownies and finishing this book. (I'm only on p.100 & I started 3 weeks ago!) I know there are moms out there who are reading some good stuff. I want to be one of those moms! I'm going to see how many pages I can tackle for next week (and I'll still do some organizing too. You should see my dining room. Yikes!)

For more "Tackles", check out 5 Minutes for Mom!

6 comments:

Nicolas v.f. said...

great job:)

Gayle said...

So where did all the stuff go?! :) Looks nice. Good luck reading...I forgot that was something I could do!

Kalisha/ Reneca said...

Looks great! Don't beat yourself up if you aren't able to get "everything" done. Taking it one step at a time is key. Thanks for stopping by my blog and goodluck with your organizing!

amanda said...

I love before and after pictures. Even if it a cluttered cabinet, they are so fun to see the difference. What a good idea to have tackle it tuesday. I might have to sign on to that. Maybe if I blog about it and have to report my progress, I'll actually get things done:)

Jen said...

Wow! That looks so much better! Great job on the tackle!

I haven't read that book or seen the movie yet so you'll have to let me know what you think.

Justin said...

Besides, there is no total advance points of confinement for the main sort, and the reimbursement starts from 30 up to 60 days after conclusive payment. In an unexpected way, there is no total advance cutoff and the following understudy private credits' reimbursements shift by advance. cash advance