Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fishful Thinking Thursday - I'M A FAN!!!



Fishful Thinking is on facebook!

Just click the pic above to become a Fishful Thinking fan, learn more about the 5 key ingredients, connect with other parents, link to activity ideas, read helpful articles, and even join a book club discussion.

And now as promised, since it's Fishful Thinking Thursday, here's a link to an optimism article with some ideas that piggyback the Happiness Scavenger Hunt my family went on last week:

Accentuate the positive!
Article by Illisa Cohen (From Working Mother - November, 2008)


One of the suggestions is to to keep a happiness journal. So this week, I'm going to add this to our bedtime routine, right before prayer, and ask the kids to name one thing that made them happy during the day. Pat and I will participate too, and I'll write our answers in a notebook/journal. If we can make this a habit each night, I think this happiness/gratitude journal could become a special family keepsake and a great reminder of the many things we have to be thankful for.

***I'll follow up next week on our progress, and I'd love for others to chime in too and share your thoughts whether you try this activity, last week's scavenger hunt, or another activity on the Fishful Thinking site.

4 comments:

amanda said...

What a cute idea. I might have to steal that one. I'm not sure what all this "Fishful Thinking" is about but I will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

Cecily R said...

Woo hoo! You are one AWESOME ambassador!!!!!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Hi. Thanks for stopping by! I love your blog's title!

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

I really do plan on participating, I promise. I've just been so miserable these last couple of weeks. After the baby gets here I will have some catching up to do!