Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WfulW - PJs, Pancakes, and Punxsutawny Phil

We've been doing a little celebrating in our house this morning. Watching the festivities at Gobbler's Knob in our pjs, having a special pancake breakfast at Abby's request (we usually do pancakes on the weekend), and jumping up and down that Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his shadow!!!!

Groundhog Day makes for some great school activities too - 




Talking about superstitions, making predictions, coloring pop-up puppets, measuring out the length of our furry friend and comparing, sequencing events and putting together a mini-book, giving a weather report - fun stuff!  I've still got some shadow activities up my sleeve that we will be doing later because right now it is WAY too cold to go outside.

Here's hoping that Phil's prediction for an EARLY SPRING pans out...(I am putting all my faith in this groundhog - how desperate is that?)

Happy Groundhog Day!

 For more Wordful Wednesdays - visit Angie's place!

9 comments:

jenn said...

How fun! Fingers crossed for an early spring.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute....my daughter made those in school last year. I'm so hoping for an early spring!

Erin said...

Those are so adorable! My boys didn't get to make anything for groundhog's day.

And I think your early spring in just around the corner!

Jen said...

Can I come be a student in your class? It looks really fun! :) Love ya friend!

amanda said...

love love love the little puppets!!

adding to my list for next year :)

Claremont First Ward said...

How fun. SO adorable!

Ashley said...

"Please, please let's have an early spring," I say amid 18 inches of snow. And why don't I ever think of such fun activities? You are awesome, Kelli!

scrappysue said...

i love that movie! cute activity for the kids too!

scrappysue said...

i love that movie! cute activity for the kids too!