Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My boy and his sweet tooth...

As soon as the sun came up Halloween morning, this was the scene:

Noah:  (jumping up and down on our bed) It's Halloween! YAY! It's Halloween!

Me: I know, buddy! Are you excited?

Noah: YEAH!!! I 'cited! It's Halloween!

Then a few minutes later...

Pat: Noah, what do you want for breakfast?

Noah: WHAT??? It's Halloween! You don't eat breakdast. You eat CANDY!!!

Luckily, he settled for my pathetic attempt at pumpkin shaped pancakes with chocolate chip faces.

Needless to say, the kids could hardly wait to go trick-or-treating! I'm pretty sure we were the first ones out that night, and the kids got PLENTY of candy. Between the candy that Pat brought home from work, our leftover candy (we didn't have many trick-or-treaters), and the kids' treats, The Halloween fairy may need to pay us a visit!

6 comments:

amanda said...

i think your pumpkin pancakes are adorable!!

headed to check out this halloween fairy...

ps - the kids are adorable :)

Down in the Sun said...

You know the Halloween Fairy visits us. In fact my kids were wondering if the Halloween Fairy was coming the night after Halloween!

Cute pancakes!

Unknown said...

I love the pancakes, too! My 4 year old was begging for chocolate chips in his pancakes yesterday, and I had to deny them....he's had enough chocolate this weekend!

Unknown said...

Yummy! I want a pancake, lol!

And I'm with Noah...on Halloween you have to have candy!

Jenny Ramsey said...

we made the kids each pick 10 pieces of candy out of their bags (which were stuffed full) and the rest had to go.
the pancakes look awesome.

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Love the blog!

I hear ya on the kids and their candy. My daughter is only 13 months old and her first two-syllable word was "cookie". I think I'm in trouble...

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com