Wednesday, November 11, 2009

WfulW - We have a winner!

We've had a bit of excitement around here this week! Abby received a big, beautiful ribbon at Monday night's PTA meeting for her giraffe picture that she entered in her school's Reflections contest - Beauty is...

From the first day she heard about this contest, she had set her sights on winning a ribbon. It's no wonder she could hardly contain herself as she waited for her name to be called. Jumping up and down, grinning from ear to ear... She was beyond excited!


To Abby, "Beauty is animals."
 
She's been big into drawing giraffes lately.

She even took a few extra steps with this one by drawing it, cutting it out, and then gluing it down on another piece of a paper and adding a few extra touches...

Cutting and gluing have been big around here lately too.

And in case you noticed that little brown pile underneath the giraffe's tail,  Abby insists that it is a ROCK with a bug crawling on it.

I'm sure that's what the judges thought too. At least, I hope so.



Congratulations, baby girl! You believed in yourself, drew an awesome giraffe, and won that ribbon! We are so proud of you!!!

* Empowerment, or self-efficacy, is believing in oneself. It is knowing what your strengths are and how to use your strengths to navigate challenges and reach your goals. To learn more, visit Fishful Thinking.com!




10 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Congrats to your daughter! I'm pretty sure she is a more-talented artist than I have *ever* been!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

amanda said...

That is too cute. I love the rock with the bug crawling on it. I totally knew that that was ;) I'm sure she is so proud.

Jen said...

Oh that is awesome!!!! Just look at her proud smile.

Shannon said...

That is an awesome ribbon! Glad to see that all is well! What else is new?

amanda said...

a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.

Momisodes said...

Congratulations! That is a wonderful giraffe.

Jessie Oliveros said...

Ha! I love the poo rock.

Cheryl Lage said...

Omigosh! LOVE her artwork...HUGE kudos to her. What a wonderful accomplishment. :)

(Know you savored the moment, too, Momma!)

thanks for following my blog, I'm very excited to follow yours, too!

CC said...

that is soooooooooo awesome! You go girl!

Jennifer said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You believed in yourself and your talent shone through. You mum must be very proud of you as you should be of your self. Well done! I am glad I popped over here from SITS so I could see the award winning photo! Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!