Monday, November 16, 2009

"Not Me" (or my mom) Monday!



This is not my very first "Not Me" Monday.

I have not been lurking around this meme for awhile now mulling over what I'd be comfortable fessing up to. :)

I would never finally be inspired to play along to exploit a little mishap that my mom had this morning. Nope! Not me!

My mom most certainly did not text me this morning saying that she accidentally swallowed her dog's heart worm pill. (There's no way that she would be holding her thyroid pill in her other hand and mix them up. Not her!)


I did not call her and start laughing hysterically when she told me that the only adverse side effect would be a strange desire to scratch behind her ears or lift her leg when she went to the bathroom. :)

She did not tell me that when she called her doctor's office, the receptionist told her to look up the number for poison control in the phone book because no one in the front office knew what it was.

I did not immediately realize my magnet with poison control's phone number was no longer on my refrigerator.

Of course, I have never had to call poison control, especially not that one time when I thought Noah swallowed a Tylenol that was loose in my purse.

My purse would never be left on the floor so my two-year-old son could dump everything out of it while I was making dinner.

Luckily, that pill did not turn up underneath the corner of the couch a few minutes later.

After hanging up with my mom this morning, I did not find that magnet and put it right back up on the fridge.

Not that we wouldn't have time to go looking up the number for poison control in case of an emergency or expect our doctor's office to know the number if someone just happens to swallow a heart worm pill...

Still just in case, the number is 1-800-222-1222.

7 comments:

amanda said...

i totally have it programed into my cell phone :)

Barb said...

That is a very cute 1st Not Me Monday. Nice to meet you. The heartworm pill totally had me giggling!

Rachel said...

Glad she's okay and totally laughing at the switcheroo! Good to know heartworm won't be a problem for her :)

Cheryl Lage said...

Hysterical! I just love that your mom knows how to text! She gets props from me on that one! ;)

Jessie Oliveros said...

So did she give her dog the thyroid pill?

Heidi said...

Ha, ha, ha! That was great! This is one meme I've never heard of. It's very sarcastic, I love that.
So I just have to know, what did poison control tell her? It wasn't really that she might feel itchy behind her ears was it?
Oh the times we've had to call poison control. The probably think I'm an idiot by now!
Thanks for the laugh, I really needed that!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Luckily, she did not give the dog the thyroid pill! And poison control told her she'd be fine since it was such a small dose for a small dog. The scratching behind the ears was a little humor on her part.