Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fishful Thinking Thursday (& PSF) - My 1st photo storybook!



It's that time again for a little Fishful Thinking!

Last night we went on a Nature Sense Walk in our neighborhood and I asked the kids to listen for all the different sounds they heard. An airplane flying overhead, crickets chirping, dogs barking (there are A LOT of dogs in our neighborhood), and leaves crunching under our feet (I still can't believe it's already October). We also started on our Happiness/Gratitude journal that I mentioned last week.

This week I'm excited to spotlight another awesome feature on the Fishful Thinking website, in addition the activities and articles...

You can make your own online custom storybooks by uploading pictures from your computer and describing a Fishful Thinking moment your child or family has experienced and share them with family and friends. FREE!!! (That's just another reason why I love Fishful Thinking so much. The program isn't trying to sell a thing. It's goal is only to provide positive parenting resources. The only product information listed on the site is the nutritional info for Goldfish crackers. That's it!)

So, without further adieu, here's the link to my very first storybook illustrating how resilient kids can be -

GO ABBY!!!

(A few tips if this is your first time making a storybook, make sure you resize your pics to less than 2MB. It also takes about 10 seconds for the pictures to upload and there were a couple times that I had to add my picture twice, but it could just be my computer. This thing is a little slow sometimes. Other than that, it was fairly easy to do. Have fun!)


***Have you done any Fishful Thinking this week? I'd love to hear all about it!

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Linds

7 comments:

Heidi said...

That was the sweetest story. I love how she took her disappointment and turned it into something wonderful.
And what a cute idea! I think I just might have to make a book for my kids. I am going to start looking for subjects for each of their books.
Thanks for spreading a little postitive in the blogging world today!
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

Momisodes said...

What a sweet story. I just love the idea of a photo storybook. I've been looking into those recently. I may have to give it a try!

Lindsay said...

So great!

CC said...

The family fun days seems awesome! This story remind me a little of the adoption books I made for my kids.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

What a fun idea........... Too bad I'm so lazy!

amanda said...

that is awesome friend!!

raising4boys said...

I LOVED your story! I've been trying to think of one to do myself. They are so much FUN! Thanks for sharing your blog link. I'm a friend of Cecily's :)